What made you decide to get chickens?

Antonio... Yup for the baby...
lau.gif

Quote:
Yes, I was pretty angry at the time, too.

I have had several people ask me to sell some of my birds to them this year, and I haven't advertised my birds for sale! I feel a little like a hoarder because I refuse to let any go LOL

edited to add: I am not hoarding chickens! I have a total of 25 brown egg laying hens, and do not have any intentions of selling them. LOL That's is downsized as it is from 50 layers!

Last edited:
Well we originally got chickens for bug patrol around the barnyard. We do eat eggs but hardly eat enough to justify raising them for eggs really.

That being said we started selling eggs last time. Sold out and now 2 years later we have chickens again. This time we're not selling out. I do eat eggs, but have a few customers lined up to buy eggs and of course hatching!
smile.png

I must say that I can feel myself becoming addicted and moving house so we can have more land to raise more chicks - how did this happen????

OMG... I thought I was the only one! Lately I've been thinking to myself "maybe we should move to the country..."

But we just spent 10 years remodeling this house and I LOVE it. So until something happens I'll just have to be happy with my four, the neighbor's four and a friend's three chickens!​

Cabin fever.....last spring I needed a project. It was never really something I imagined myself doing, but am glad I started.

Back
Top Bottom