What makes a person think it is ok to....

wannabe_goatmom

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Wellington KY
take his dog to the park and let it kill the geese and groundhogs there?
I was at a friends house last night and one of the other guests was bragging about taking his dog to a nearby lake and letting him off his leash so he could kill the "mean" geese there.
He is lucky I live 2 hours away in a different state or I would call animal control or the police on him. When someone came up and told him what he was doing was awful his wife told them it was "survival of the fittest." Uh NO it isn't those are tame geese that are used to people and animals being around them and they don't even know to run. Hopefully the right person will be there one time and actually call the police on these people and their pit bull.
Sorry about the rant but I just keep thinking about how STUPID these people are and needed to share.

Sometimes it helps to quote some of the world's greatest thinkers when encountering people like this; as Forrest said "Stupid is as stupid does". That's all I have to say about that.

I'm just glad I wasn't there. I don't want to be back behind bars so soon
wee.gif

He is disgusting... and you should still report him to animal control and stop him doing that again...... a mean man... wonder what he does to his children if he is prepared to let his dog do that to tame geese.........

I'm one who would have (as politely as possible) told that couple just how immoral and illegal their actions are. Then the proper authorities would be contacted. What they are doing is dispicable.

You can still call the proper authorities. Not only will it make you feel better but the authorities can make certain that they don't act that stupid again. Report it to the authorities in their state.

People who act cruel to animals are more likely to act cruel to other humans. So, it might be a good thing to stop these people now while they are acting against animals.

Their actions and their lack of remorse sound almost like a couple of sociopaths.

Don't assume that other people will turn them in. Once my husband and I passed a car that was swerving very violently across the road. We pulled into the military base and informed the gate guard. He went out and stopped the car and then called the police. The driver was diabetic and didn't know where he was. We probably saved his life. No one else called the police even though several people saw the swerving car.

Last edited:
I agree with the "stupid is as stupid does" and what is to stop the dog from killing chickens and other livestock. I would still call even if you live in another state. At least to put them on alert and they may keep an eye out for them.

I can't report them because I didn't talk with them enough to know where they live or what lake they were at. I know it is somewhere near New Richmond, Ohio but that is as much as I know.

I couldn't make a scene at my father-in-laws house. He is just home from a 1 month stay in the hospital and then another 1 month stay at a rehab facility because he just lost his leg in an explosion. Besides, you can't argue with a drunk because they are always right.

Back
Top Bottom