What makes me sad......little runt seperated from others

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
I feel like this is SO mean, but I KNOW it is for his/her own good:

baby9-74.jpg

I had them together, but there was at least one that was being a little booger and being mean to the baby, so I had to seperate them. Just so you get an idea of how little this guy is.....

baby9-71.jpg

baby9-72.jpg

This is the littlest one next to the biggest one I have:

baby9-73.jpg

Not sure s/he has grown a bit since I got them two weeks ago today!!!
smile.png

ETA: I am turning the pen around tomorrow so that he will have shade without losing site of his buddies.

Last edited:
OMG!!!! They were all hatched at the same time? And same breed? He is soooo cute! Theres your cuddle bug...Move him in with you! Lol! Bless his tiny little heart he is adorable!

As long as he can keep up and isn't getting picked on its great. I had a runner hatch about 4 days after the rest and introduced it to mom and siblings and it was fine.

Not sure if they all hatched together, but they all came together and they were all the same size....he just got a hurt foot for a few days (still limping and not using it right, but at least he IS using it now...yay!).

I AM trying to make him my cuddlebug....but OMG does he have a LOUD cheep when he is out of sight of his buddies.

Yes, at least one was reallllly picking on him.....and this after reading that Anconas don't really do the whole pecking order thing....even the lowest ranked duck is treated with kindness and respect. Not so far!
smile.png

He IS a cutie, huh??
tongue.png

I have one in 8 runners that is not growing like the others. He appears to be thriving though. No one is picking and he is not run over any more than any others. I wonder what makes him small. He is a chocolate.

I have a runty Campbell too, she's always been smaller than all her "sisters" and I always worry she isn't getting enough of the food, especially since she's handicapped too, not that I should--- she's very sassy and has no trouble getting her share from the trough.

Glad to hear of other runts that make it....each morning I worry that she will be gone when I go to check on her. Glad to know that others have some doing just fine.

I appreciate knowing that.

Back
Top Bottom