What Now????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KatieBugg, Jan 5, 2011.

1. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    This poor old womans legs are sore from pacing to and from the incubator today, to check temps and humidty (right on target). I really feel like I am supposed to be doing something?!?!?! I think I am gonna paint my living room to keep myself busy lol. How did you guys cope with newbie hatcher syndrome???

2. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    Oh my! It was so hard for me! I checked the incubator like 10 or so times a day. The day before hatching I could hear a little chirping from the lone baby that did hatch. And on hatch day... I WASN'T EVEN HOME!!! I was so upset I had missed my baby hatching!!! This year will be different! I will be here to watch every little thing on hatch day. And I'm sure I'll be as crazy as an expectant mom just like last time. lol Try not concern yourself too much until hatch day (day 21). That's when you want to watch it nonstop so you don't miss anything! lol Good luck, and happy hatching!

3. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa
    Well let's see I was baking cookies with a 3 and 2 year old and ended up wearing icing all over me. They decided I needed some color. After that was over and done with I had to work on my koi pond. This is were it gets funny, I was very carefully cleaning out on of the water features when I slid into the pond head first. As I was spitting and sputtering my hubby said to me how's the water? I could have killed him, here I was standing in the middle of a 4500 gallon koi pond in 3 feet of water with temps in the 20's. Needles to say I milked the situation until he helped me then his butt was in the pond as well. So in the end we both of us looked like frozen popsicle.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by