What on earth are these?? **pic heavy**

Red

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
Okay, here they are again! I posted when they were four weeks old and lots of people suggested loads of different breeds - with most people saying they were RSL. But aren't RSL males supposed to be white, or have i got that totally wrong?

These were supposed to be RIR eggs (that's what we bought them as). Is it possible these chicks are a mix of RIR and another random breed? They are beautiful chicks but all have such different colours in them. They are now almost ten weeks old, any obvious breed standing out?

The girl also has grey legs, whereas the boys have yellow. The boys' beaks all have brown tips, too, whereas Sunny's is pink. Does this help at all?? Okay, i've warbled enough, here they are:

DSCF3182.jpg

This is Sunny, our only girl (correct me if i'm wrong). She appears to be a lot lighter and of a more even colour than the boys

DSCF3175.jpg

Sunny closest to the cam, with her brother in the background (he's called Daisy, we thought he was a she
lol.png
)

DSCF3172.jpg

Another one of the boys. The boys seem to have different coloured neck feathers whereas Sunny's feathers are all the same.

DSCF3205.jpg

My little baby boy, the youngest of the chicks
smile.png

DSCF3184.jpg

Three of them together in the sun!

Thank you in advance, they're beautiful chicks i'm just wondering what they are
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif

Wow I always thought leghorns looked so regal...that makes my chicks sound really posh flyingmonkeypoop. I like it that they're different
lol.png

Thankyou banter. They are lovely chicks, and look absolutely stunning when the sun shines on their feathers
smile.png

Um, guys, how can they be sex-links, when there's a pullet and two roos there, and they look the same?
hmm.png

I'd say that pretty much rules out silver/gold sex-linked color. The white leaking through the red like that on both genders says dominant white to me, not silver. So, I'd say it's pretty much a bird with recessive white crossed to a RIR. Could be a White Rock. Some of them might have dominant white, but most of them are silver, I believe. So, the white parent is a mystery bird. Leghorn? Anybody got a guess?

Edited to add:

Quote:
Yes, RSL males are white (silver), and the females are red (gold).

Edited again later! (have you ever said one thing and *meant* another) Ugh! I meant dominant white.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom