What!?! (pic Heavy)

I am not that experienced in sexing buff orpingtons, but they look like roos to me. For 5 weeks, they have a big set of combs and waddles for a pullet. I have heard that buff orpingtons can trick you. Good luck

I am so sorry to tell you this. I have 6 Buff Orpingtons. I got four 2 years ago (one died at the jaws of a predator) and 3 more last year. This is what my first batch of BO's looked like at exactly 6 weeks old.
IMG_4151.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg
IMG_4160-1.jpg

Here they are at 7 weeks...
IMG_4321.jpg

Here they are at 16 weeks!
IMG_4817-1.jpg

And here they are today.
Untitled-2.jpg
There is absolutely no question that you have all roo's. I'm really sorry, Now if you got these birds from a "breeder", then I can tell you that she is FULLY aware that they are roos as well. I would see if I could take them back and ask her for females if I were you. My hens are hatchery Orpingtons, and they tend to have LARGER crowns than breeder stock. She is not being truthful. It's not fair to you because clearly you can not keep all rooster.

Kelly
✿​
Our Country Chronicles
✿​

I am so sorry to tell you this. I have 6 Buff Orpingtons. I got four 2 years ago (one died at the jaws of a predator) and 3 more last year. This is what my first batch of BO's looked like at exactly 6 weeks old.
IMG_4151.jpg
IMG_4139.jpg
IMG_4136.jpg
IMG_4160-1.jpg
Here they are at 7 weeks...
IMG_4321.jpg
Here they are at 16 weeks!
IMG_4817-1.jpg
And here they are today.
Untitled-2.jpg
There is absolutely no question that you have all roo's. I'm really sorry, Now if you got these birds from a "breeder", then I can tell you that she is FULLY aware that they are roos as well. I would see if I could take them back and ask her for females if I were you. My hens are hatchery Orpingtons, and they tend to have LARGER crowns than breeder stock. She is not being truthful. It's not fair to you because clearly you can not keep all rooster.
Kelly
[COLOR=FF9999]
✿​
[/COLOR][COLOR=0099CC]Our Country Chronicles[/COLOR]
✿​
That's what I was afraid of. I bought them straight run but I had a feeling that she had feather sexed the others that she sold because her ten year old son asked her if she needed to look at their feathers before she gave them to me and she said no. I should have known better. She only had eight left and I took six of them.

There is a BYC member, Vickie Dawson "The Dragon Lady" . She has the most amazing pure breed Buff Orpingtons!! You should contact her and see if she has any for sale. If I had known about her sooner, She is where I would have gotten my chickens!! Here are a couple pictures of her birds!

900x900px-LL-fbf3d89b_DSCN0047.jpeg

That's Vickie in the red. Just look at her beautiful Buff Orpingtons!!!!
900x900px-LL-102624e0_486260_10151176054728358_1312335148_n.jpeg

As for you roosters though, Buff Orpingtons are dual purpose birds and make great meat birds. Do you plan on putting the boys on your dinner plate?​

Last edited:
There is a BYC member, Vickie Dawson "The Dragon Lady" .  She has the most amazing pure breed Buff Orpingtons!!  You should contact her and see if she has any for sale.  If I had known about her sooner, She is where I would have gotten my chickens!!  Here are a couple pictures of her birds!

900x900px-LL-fbf3d89b_DSCN0047.jpeg

That's Vickie in the red.  Just look at her beautiful Buff Orpingtons!!!!​
900x900px-LL-102624e0_486260_10151176054728358_1312335148_n.jpeg

As for you roosters though, Buff Orpingtons are dual purpose birds and make great meat birds.  Do you plan on putting the boys on your dinner plate?​

Dragon ladys buffs are the most beautiful I've ever seen but sadly I cannot afford them. All but one or two of the boys will become dinner. I really did not want meat birds but I cannot keep five roosters either. Btw... you have a beautiful family. I've been following your blog for a while now. Awesome buffs as well!

such dishonestly is awful

money made by deception makes you loose the money made by honesty

I once had some Arucanas and I said the Pullets will cost £40 each and the buyer was happy

being peacomb I couldn't sex them

so said sorry but I don't feel comfortable selling them unsexed

they where males in the end

this was 12 months ago

I still have them today

infact I use them for breeding EEs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom