What predator could this be? Am I right?

I had a Great Horned owl kill some of my birds. We did catch it and some wildlife people came and got it.
Owl.jpg

I had a Great Horned owl kill some of my birds. We did catch it and some wildlife people came and got it.
View attachment 2065412
I think I saw you mention that before--you said that you caught it with netting, correct?

Hypothetically speaking, if it was an eagle--perhaps the one I saw that once--I have no idea if I'd be allowed or would even want to try to catch it. At that point, do we just call a wildlife expert? I guess that is the only option, unless it isn't an option at all. I can't say it was an eagle, but until we get that camera set up we don't know. I'll keep everything in consideration until I see what's killing my birds.

Thanks again for the help.

Correct. It went through some crappy netting previously and killed some birds. I moved the birds and put another piece of the crappy netting up and a camera. It came back and went right through the netting again. I bought some new heavy duty netting and put it up. It didn't get through the new netting but did get caught in it. I went to the coop and pen I had moved the birds too. They are White Leghorns. I have other birds but I guess it prefers the Leghorns because it found them but didn't get any this time. I think it got used to going through the crappy netting it thought it could get through the good netting.
Here is a picture of it going through the crappy netting. I know I've posted this before too.
DSCF00031125 02.jpg
DSCF00031125 10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom