What predator is killing your chickens?

That most definitely look like a raccoon print, although from the few times I've been tracking it may also be a skunk.

Any ideas on what would scale a 6ft run, pull apart the fencing on the roof and pluck a rooster from his roost? Only a trail of feathers was left behind.

A heavy duty welded wire. It was pulled and bent where two pieces met.
Yikes! Bob Cat sounds more likely to me than a coon if it carried the whole thing off. They were everywhere when I lived on Cocoa and Altamonte.

Yikes! Bob Cat sounds more likely to me than a coon if it carried the whole thing off. They were everywhere when I lived on Cocoa and Altamonte.  

Our property is surrounded by orange groves. We originally thought coon but reading the details on coon attacks it doesn't match up. I think you're right! Now, how to keep it away.

Our property is surrounded by orange groves. We originally thought coon but reading the details on coon attacks it doesn't match up. I think you're right! Now, how to keep it away.
Hot wire (electric fence) is the best guarantee. and heavy hardware cloth, nailed, not stapled. Here's another thread with a relentless bobcat. He's also in Fla. Maybe you can get some ideas?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1019800/bobcat-is-putting-me-through-living-hell/30#post_15834184

Also, this seems like two different attacks. I think that multiple predators are the culprit here.

Back
Top Bottom