What Rooster Should I Get?

ChickenWhisper0

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 18, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Okay so i figured i could use some advice on this one seeing that i don't have much experience when i comes to roosters. I already have some silkie roosters that are real sweet and easily handled and actually...get along well. They work together and patrol the flock together and are like to best friends. I also have some babied on the way and i think i have another Polish Rooster coming. anyways to my question! I'm looking to get a rooster that will do good when it comes to defending the flock. Should i get a Silver Gray Dorking? Or a Black Jersey GIant? I think the Silver Gray Dorkings are so pretty but the Black Jersey GIants will get bigger and stand a better chance against a predator. So.....What do you guys think?

most roosters only sound the "alarm" for every one to hide (as they themselves are also hiding) The few that actually protect the flock by attacking a predator are killed by said predator most the time.

We had a buff Orpington rooster who was so beautiful and he wasnt mean. One day a hawk attacked our chickens and he sacrificed himself so the hens could get to safety. All our girls where safe but sadly he died from the attack.

Back
Top Bottom