What rooster to keep?

I think the cream one is stunning!
droolin.gif
thumbsup.gif

I think you should keep the cream one and re-home the other (to me!!) They are both beautiful!!! Why not keep both? It's a tough decision.
Where in MN are you at? Oh, and I'm sort of kidding about rehoming him to me...Hubby says no more chickens, I say we need more to provide more body heat in the coop for winter. BTW, how cold does it get in your coop in the winter? Do you have to use supplemental heat? It's my first year with chickens, so I'm just curious.

Bonder
I'm near Sauk Centre, I'm already keeping 2 cochin roosters, 2 blue copper marans roosters and one other EE rooster. I can't tell you how cold my coop gets becouse it my first year with chickens too! and I might keep both of them if everyone gets along.

Just letting you know - If you keep the "brown" one, (It's a Golden Duckwing) he'll continue to pass on green and blue eggs to his offspring.

If you keep the cream one, your chances are far more slim, and you instead get brown/light brown eggs.

Quote:
Really, they're all pretty (although that guy needs to fill out or grow up or something. . . he looks tattered) but my main point was that the duckwing has a nice pea comb, red earlobes, type color - The cream one had a cusion/strawberry type comb, no beard, and an odd color that looks almost Columbian cross, meaning either he carries olive green or brown egg genes. This third guy, though, is also a good egg candidate.
smile.png

If I were you though, with conformation, color, and egg color all put together - I'd choose the first two. I love the creamy one's body, and his tail base far exceeds the others (it will also make for much prettier hens) but the duckwing, everywhere else, is the most promising.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom