What sex are my five 7 week old chicks?

rod5591

Songster
6 Years
Oct 15, 2017
Cookeville TN
My first experience in breeding chickens...It was unplanned, but one of my Noir Maran hens went broody and I let her sit on a mixed batch of about 12 eggs. 5 chicks hatched and lived--and I was so excited by the experience! They are now running around with the big chickens, but they can retreat through a small hole in the fence into their own small henhouse and this is where they roost at night and retreat too if the bigger hens bother them. I have five of them and want to know their sex and their breed--although I know they look like barnyard hybrids, their father is a Copper Maran and their mothers are either Easter Eggers, Noir Marans, Rhode Island Reds, Plymouth Rocks, or Delaware. Please take a look at the 5 pictures and tell me the sex and the breed combination! Thank you!

Attachments

• Chick1.JPG
    Chick1.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Chick2and3.JPG
    Chick2and3.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 9
  • chick3.JPG
    chick3.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 10
  • chick4.JPG
    chick4.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 10
  • chick5.JPG
    chick5.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 10
My first experience in breeding chickens...It was unplanned, but one of my Noir Maran hens went broody and I let her sit on a mixed batch of about 12 eggs. 5 chicks hatched and lived--and I was so excited by the experience! They are now running around with the big chickens, but they can retreat through a small hole in the fence into their own small henhouse and this is where they roost at night and retreat too if the bigger hens bother them. I have five of them and want to know their sex and their breed--although I know they look like barnyard hybrids, their father is a Copper Maran and their mothers are either Easter Eggers, Noir Marans, Rhode Island Reds, Plymouth Rocks, or Delaware. Please take a look at the 5 pictures and tell me the sex and the breed combination! Thank you!
Lucky you all pullets!!

Congratulations! Could use some clearer photos and also comb photos. The EE crosses should have modified pea combs. All the other will have single combs.
Agree, they all look like pullets! You scored on that one! 😊

CONGRATS on all your Girls!!!
Pullets they are!! How lucky are you!

It is so hard to take good photos of them because they are always moving around! But I will try to get some better pics. Plus we have 20 hens and six 7-month-old black Australorp pullets plus our roo. So the chicks are always coming near to one of our other chickens. It seems the Australorp pullets are the ones who mostly chase the chicks--the older hens mostly ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom