what sex are these two silkies and the frizzles please I posted my other too soon and dont know how to delete it

I hope not the white one has a much lighter comb than the buff even though it looks dark in the pic I also have a black one I haven't posted but its probably too young to tell yet, If they are I will keep them both as I plan to cross breed with other breeds to see what i can get. How do you know the white frizzle is a roo just for my own knowledge ? The lady who sold me these chicks told me that she knows her chickens and they were all hens, I'd have been bettter off to buy straight run one day olds I guess.

I think the buff is a roo too and the white one has a lighter comb, even though it looks more red in the picture . The buff one is calm, but the white one chases all the smaller ones around it's a bully , not sure if that is an indication of sex or not
It can be a sign of a make trying to mount a hen or it a hen trying to be dominant so she has a better roost spot that is nicer or closer to the flock roo. My roosters never bully and instead the bachelor flocks will team up with the main flock when the hens start to fight and they all break it up followed by thesin roo reminding the bachelor flock where they belong in the ranks. I still think the white one is a hen can't really say about the silkies, but I think I would be cool to have pairs of the two breeds so you can breed them and possibly sell chicks like how I started my local business that is still expanding! However I don't even know if you want or can even do something like that if you wanted to. Just a little thought. 😁

Both frizzles are 100% boys. No que

It can be a sign of a make trying to mount a hen or it a hen trying to be dominant so she has a better roost spot that is nicer or closer to the flock roo. My roosters never bully and instead the bachelor flocks will team up with the main flock when the hens start to fight and they all break it up followed by thesin roo reminding the bachelor flock where they belong in the ranks. I still think the white one is a hen can't really say about the silkies, but I think I would be cool to have pairs of the two breeds so you can breed them and possibly sell chicks like how I started my local business that is still expanding! However I don't even know if you want or can even do something like that if you wanted to. Just a little thought. 😁
I never see any mounting, she just pecks and chases them. I have a few polishes (too young I think to sex about a month old) and a Mille Fleur, which I am almost sure is a hen. My plan is to see what kind of pretty curly feathered chicks I can get. One of my chicks, the black frizzle, is too frizzled and I am not sure if it will be ok that way or not. I have learned from here don't mate frizzle with frizzle but I guess she did. I have just posted another thread about where I got my chicks from (poultry Hollow in Brush Creek TN) and how I am now nervous and worried about them being sick and getting new chicks maybe someone can advise me there as well

I never see any mounting, she just pecks and chases them. I have a few polishes (too young I think to sex about a month old) and a Mille Fleur, which I am almost sure is a hen. My plan is to see what kind of pretty curly feathered chicks I can get. One of my chicks, the black frizzle, is too frizzled and I am not sure if it will be ok that way or not. I have learned from here don't mate frizzle with frizzle but I guess she did. I have just posted another thread about where I got my chicks from (poultry Hollow in Brush Creek TN) and how I am now nervous and worried about them being sick and getting new chicks maybe someone can advise me there as well
If you think your current chicks are carriers of a disease, do nor bring new birds onto the property until you confirm it.

They seem ok to me, sometimes the poop seems a lot runnier than it should be but I am no expert on chicken poop. I just got nervous due to all the bad reviews I saw of the hatchery, I guess I will just keep these and see what happens, I can always get more chicks later if anything goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom