What sex is my light brahma?

rubengar

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 16, 2013
I got 3 chicks from the feed store about 7 weeks ago. They may have been 1 week old when I got them which means she/he may be 8 weeks old. Since I have never raised light brahmas before and I only have one, I am not sure if I got a pullet or cockerel. I live in a densely populated urban area and my city does not allow roosters, so I have to get rid of this one if it turns out to be male. I am going to have to get more birds as I only got 3 chicks before chick season ends.

What made me question the sex of my LB is that from the very beginning it was quite aggressive and tried to pick fights with the other two. The comb started to develop about a week ago, and while it is not very bright, it does appear to have 3 rows of bumps. The tail feathers are also not very rounds. they are more pointy. I am quite new at keeping chickens. Let me know what you think.

Please look at the picture and let me know what you all think.

I also say pullet
1f60a.png
looks just like mine

If you would like something to compare to here is my LB cockerel at 8 weeks before I rehomed him

And here was my pullet at 8 weeks

Notice the diference in their tails, this is the best one I have

I might be new but I don't put any stock in the 3 row pea comb thing, everyone swore my EE was a boy because of that and she's showing all the signs of being ready to lay an egg...

If you would like something to compare to here is my LB cockerel at 8 weeks before I rehomed him

And here was my pullet at 8 weeks

Notice the diference in their tails, this is the best one I have

I might be new but I don't put any stock in the 3 row pea comb thing, everyone swore my EE was a boy because of that and she's showing all the signs of being ready to lay an egg...
Both those Brahmas look male, one is just maturing a bit faster than the other.

Back
Top Bottom