What should I do?! I thought this egg was dead but its not.

Closely monitor. Make sure the temperature and humidity stay constant. Only open the incubator to moisten the membrane, IF it begins to dry too much. All you can really do now is wait and watch. The egg may be behind the others in incubation and may not be quite ready for hatch yet. I hope your duckling makes it out on its own.

Closely monitor. Make sure the temperature and humidity stay constant. Only open the incubator to moisten the membrane, IF it begins to dry too much. All you can really do now is wait and watch. The egg may be behind the others in incubation and may not be quite ready for hatch yet. I hope your duckling makes it out on its own.
Thank you! I will try!

Sadly it did not, It died :(

However on the good news that means we do get to start incubation all the other eggs which have been waiting for her to hatch.
I’m sorry your duckling did not survive the hatch. 😞 Please let us know how the new incubation progresses. ❤️ Looking forward to seeing hatchlings!

I’m sorry your duckling did not survive the hatch. 😞 Please let us know how the new incubation progresses. ❤️ Looking forward to seeing hatchlings!
Will do, it has only been about 2-3 days since incubation started.
The eggs were way to big to fit in the incubator so we had to get a new one.
There is a total of 16 egg being incubated which will hopefully hatch into silver appleyards but we do have 1 other roeun like male.

Also should I make a separate post about it because currently I couldn't find away to remove the sad egg picture

Also should I make a separate post about it because currently I couldn't find away to remove the sad egg picture
My suggestion is to create a new post for this fresh incubation. We would like to follow the journey! 🙂 Ducklings are super adorable!

Back
Top Bottom