What should I do? Moving eggs to hatcher

FarmgirlCeili

Hatching
10 Years
May 28, 2009
Central NY
I have 24 black java eggs in my incubator. They are due to hatch on Friday (the 19th). Right now they are in my LG with automatic turner and I need to move them to my hatcher (hovabator still air) b/c I have maran eggs that are also in there and are due to hatch next week.
I have hatched lots of eggs before but I always hand turned them and never moved them. So, when do I need to move them? I thought it should be tonight or tomorrow (three days before hatch). Or should I just leave them in the LG and take all eggs out of the turner and just hand turn the marans? Please help, need suggestions.......

Mom2Cool

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
well I actually just did this & I have duck eggs left in the turner to be hatched next week. So I would move the ones that are due on Friday to the bator without the turner & leave the others that still need turning. The eggs that are going to hatch on Friday just need the warmth & the humidity & to rest on their sides so move them. As for when I think it depends on the time of day you set them in the bator. Day 18 is the last day of turning so I always move them or stop the turning at the end of day 18. If you set them in the morning so that tomorrow morning is day 19 then I would move them tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope I said that right. I always stand there at the last minute figuring this out to. LOL & I'd just got done miscalulating thinking I needed to move eggs on Sunday instead of Monday & realized at the last minute....

Good luck with your hatch!

FarmgirlCeili

Hatching
10 Years
May 28, 2009
Central NY
Thank you so much! That's funny about having to calculate the days every time. I do the same thing. As many times as I've hatched eggs I always think I know the day to stop turning and then I stand there before I do it and do the math again! Funny how that works.

Top Bottom