what should I do?

therunningflock

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2023
I Have an egg in the incubator that has internally Pipped. It was supposed to hatch yesterday, but I heard nothing so I thought it failed. As I was putting everything away, I heard the egg make noise. I was surprised to hear that something happened. anyway, I don’t know how long it’s been since it internally pipped. but it’s definitely past its hatch and I really want to help but I’m still very new to raising chickens and all that and I don’t want the chicken to die because of my inexperience.

There is a good article about helping to hatch. Normally you don’t want to help. But in this situation it can save a life.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/
I do appreciate the link to the article, because I actually had to get hands on. And it ended up making it which I’m happy. Do you recommend I take it out of the incubator, even though it hasn’t been 24 hours yet? Looks like it wants to not be there, but I’m still new to chickens.

I do appreciate the link to the article, because I actually had to get hands on. And it ended up making it which I’m happy. Do you recommend I take it out of the incubator, even though it hasn’t been 24 hours yet? Looks like it wants to not be there, but I’m still new to chickens.
They shouldn't come out if there are other eggs that are pipped or if none, then not until they are totally dry and fluffy. If you shut the lights off it'll just sleep.

Back
Top Bottom