What should I do?!

marqi1761

Hatching
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Hello.

Three days ago my chicks made it out of their shells except one. I have one poor chick who took a while to get his shell open. He sat in a half open shell for about two days and today when I looked at him it looked like he rolled out of his shell but there is some thick, crusty stuff still keeping him kind of enclosed. His legs are completely out and kicking, but his head is stuck under that thick crust with only his beak out. He is peeping and I can see his little heart beating, but he is having such a hard time it seems like. I'm afraid that eventually he will give up and die or die of starvation/lack of water. Do you know if there is anything I can do to help him or should I let nature run its course:( ?

Last edited:
I think there was another thread about this prob. I don't remember if they "helped " the shell off it's head or not. Do a google search at the top of the right hand corner and see what you come up with. Maybe someone else can chime in.

i cleaned all the membrane stuff off of him but his head is still down to his chest like there is still something holding his head down....

Back
Top Bottom