What should I do?

Peachesbabychick

Songster
8 Years
Sep 17, 2011
Some where over the rainbow
Hi everybody, I just saw in the newspaper that this lady is trying to rehome her 5 buff orps, I love orps so much and I could provide a pampered life for them, but I don't know what to do. I don't need more chickens. I just don't want them to fall into the wrong hands and not have a good home.

I feel the same way but after this last rescue I did. No more. I got 28 chicks and I am down to 8. They are all still in quarantine(for a month) and have been unable to figure out what the problem is. I spent alot of money on doctoring them and would never do it again. I feel sorry for them but you cant save them all nor is it worth putting your current flock at risk to save them. You dont have an attachment to them so its best not to take the chance unless you need more.

There might be some folk who could use the meat. I say this because I have a friend who recently needed to get rid of his flock, due to his own health issues. He couldn't find anyone willing to take the birds on, but did have a friend who had fallen on hard times. That might seem like a harsh thing to some, but in the small microcosm of their own world, that solution worked well for them both.

I would get them if you have the room get them, if i was aloud as many hens as i wanted i would never turn down offers im minimized to twelve even though they are in a huge feild and big sheds, im only aloud 12 because they are in my uncles feild and some one is renting it for sheep so they have ot have say even though they said 6 i didnt think they would mind if i doubled it
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah,it is hard to say no. Shoot, I look at craigs often and I am a sucker for the free pets.Not getting any,but if I was all on my own I just might. I ALWAYS want to take in the chickens posted.

Hopefully someone good will take them in.When I rehomed 3 hens I got a homeschooling mom of 4 who came and got them.They went to a good home,and if they were eaten...well the kids need their food.

Back
Top Bottom