what should i do

alysia

Hatching
May 5, 2015
Hi there I'm new to this website and I know what to do with Chicken, but with Ducks I'm kinda lost......
hmm.png

I have 3 Ducks 2 of them are Rouen Ducks and one is a Pekin

a couple Days ago I went out to check on the Ducks and the pekin was on its back still alive though

what should I do now?

Alysia

Hi there I'm new to this website and I know what to do with Chicken, but with Ducks I'm kinda lost......
hmm.png

I have 3 Ducks 2 of them are Rouen Ducks and one is a Pekin

a couple Days ago I went out to check on the Ducks and the pekin was on its back still alive though

what should I do now?

Alysia

How old are they? When you put him back on his feet what happened? What kind of food are you feeding them? Are they getting any kind of supplement?

Sorry so many questions, but a lot of things can cause that.

the Duck,the pekin ran into a corner and lost it's footing and then flipped back over onto his back..... they are 7 weeks in July

But I turned him upright a couple of times and now he's fine. my brother found him in town walking on the road, so he took it in fed and called my mom and I to come and pick it up cause People aren't allowed to have ducks in town but we live in the country.. we live across a dairy farm

Alysia

Last edited:
the Duck,the pekin ran into a corner and lost it's footing and then flipped back over onto his back..... they are 7 weeks in July

But I turned him upright a couple of times and now he's fine. my brother found him in town walking on the road, so he took it in fed and called my mom and I to come and pick it up cause People aren't allowed to have ducks in town but we live in the country.. we live across a dairy farm

Alysia

One of mine turned upside down a couple of times, and it really worried me.

Make sure they're getting a good niacin supplement with their food, chicken food doesn't have enough on it's own. I add one tablespoon of brewer's yeast per cup of food, and it can prevent all kinds of leg and balance problems.

Back
Top Bottom