What Should I NEVER EVER Do With my Chickies?

That's so funny...I also read here that potatos and their peels are fine, as long as they are cooked...haha..so many opinions...
lol.png

I just read where someone here wrote that if you ask five chicken people something, you'll get six different answers!!!
gig.gif

Don't remember who it was, but I'm still laughing!
lau.gif

lol

i give my adult chickens my leftover french fries with cayenne and salt seasoning.

but i NEVER give them raw potatoes.

i give the babies yogurt with the culture mixed with a bit of gatorade and couple of egg yolks for a treat.

Quote:
If you're going to use regular incandescent bulbs, you'd be best to use a red colored bulb.

Depriving night time cycles can have adverse affects on anything alive. It can lessen longevity and cause neurological problems...even on a short term basis. The longer that night time cycle is deprived, the worse the problems. It's accumilative. The sooner they can get on a regular day/night schedule the better. Best to have them on day/night cycles immediately.

Red colored incandescent bulbs, the red spectrum allows enough light for observation without disturbing the night time cycle. This is why red bulbs are used in darkrooms to develop film.

Last edited:
If you're going to use regular incandescent bulbs, you'd be best to use a red colored bulb.

Depriving night time cycles can have adverse affects on anything alive. It can lessen longevity and cause neurological problems...even on a short term basis. The longer that night time cycle is deprived, the worse the problems. It's accumilative. The sooner they can get on a regular day/night schedule the better. Best to have them on day/night cycles immediately.

Red colored incandescent bulbs, the red spectrum allows enough light for observation without disturbing the night time cycle. This is why red bulbs are used in darkrooms to develop film.

Thanks for this info. I didn't know it. I switched mine from the red heat lamp to a regulare soft white 25 w incandescent this past week, since it's been so warm at night. It seems really bright in there, though. They're not really needing the heat now that they're all feathered and it's warmed up here, so I think I'll cut out the 'night light'.

Also, re: dairy, I heard cottage cheese is good for chickens too. Is this not so?​

Back
Top Bottom