what should i use to check humidity???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by L*A*G*, Jan 25, 2009.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    what should i use to check humidity for my little giant??? i would want something like under $7 cause once my silkies hatch i think they'll b the bator.

2. playingchicken

playingchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    I hear that Walmart sells hygrometers in the housewares section and sometimes in the pet section.

I ordered a 20.00 digital therm./hygrometer combo, made by Flukers, from Amazon. com and I have been pretty happy with it.

(Actually, I was happy with the first one I bought but I washed it in a pair of jeans. They don't work too well after that. [​IMG])

3. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    lol yeah i be the whole washing thing didnt help it out to much lol I just bought two hygrometer thermometer duos and they are digital i got them in housewares at walmart and they were 6 bucks and some changeso far theyre working out pretty well. ps youll have to buy a pack of AAA'a though bc the batteries arent included, the thermometers are jsut past light bulbs and stuff not to hard to find:p

4. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
  5. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    Just make sure you calibrate it, even the expensive ones can be "off"!!! And a "cheapie" one can be perfectly fine, as long as you know whether it's a bit "off" or not, and just factor it in (add/subtract as needed, based on what calibrating it told you) to keep your humidity levels good.

6. chickenlover456

chickenlover456 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    That one looks great, but you won't find it inside the store. It says you can only buy it online. The online Walmart doesn't list everything. I bought a Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer for 6.40 and it works perfectly. I beleive (from looking at pictures) it's the same one MissPrissy uses, which says a lot about its quality! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by