What should internal incubator temp setting be for silkie eggs?

cfarmhouse

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2020
I have 12 shipped silkie eggs. I have the temp set at 100.5 on incubator and a second ther.ometer is reading about 99 and egg o meter reading 100.2. Is this too high? I let eggs rest 24 hrs then placed in carton in incubator without turning for 5 days due to air cells at top. Today day 5...I had read to re-candle and put them in turner...when I candle what exactly am I looking for? When I got them I saw air bubbles at top or what I believed to be bubbles (no saddles).

Nope range can be from 99.5-102F but the lower the temp the more likely you'll hatch hens from what I've seen, I generally stick to 100 though so if thermostat is off it's a little higher than to low to properly sustain life, last season I kept a batch at 99.5-100 the whole way and got 15 outta 20 hens so I say keep it on the low end, just remember that it's not sure fire.

Nope range can be from 99.5-102F but the lower the temp the more likely you'll hatch hens from what I've seen, I generally stick to 100 though so if thermostat is off it's a little higher than to low to properly sustain life, last season I kept a batch at 99.5-100 the whole way and got 15 outta 20 hens so I say keep it on the low end, just remember that it's not sure fire.
My egg o meter reading g 100.2

Back
Top Bottom