What should they weigh??

For mt BBWs they weighed in at 32 lbs about, at 12 weeks. Course, BBB are generally smaller and slower growing at this point, so it wouldn't hurt to say they are in their 20's for toms, and anywhere form 12-17 lbs for hens. It really depends on what you are feeding them. Higher protein, fast they will grow. I use turkey starter with 20% or so, protein. It really does range, so if you wanna know for our own personal turkeys, I would weigh them. What I usually do is weigh myself on a scale, on a flat surface, then weigh myself holding the bird, and subtract the difference.

Thanks. I started them on 28% game bird for the first 6 weeks then transfered them over to my broiler feed which is 21%. That way I have all animals on the same feed. I will have to grab some and weigh them. When I was moving some this past week they felt like the 12 - 15 lb range and processing day is in 4 weeks. So I guess I should stop letting them free range and confine them to the moveable hoop houses for the last 4 weeks to plump them up.

free ranging is absolutely fine. All my competition market birds for state fairs and such are more free ranged. They are in am open pen with free choice food. but they r usually out in the yard than eating their food. 15lbs is absolutely fine and since u still gor 4 weeks they will be perfect market weight, probably in mid 20's or maybe higher.

Back
Top Bottom