What should we do about Kevin?

Could be both, honestly. I have a hen that was bitten on the head by a racoon. She wasn't as bad in the beginning as yours, but she did suffer some brain damage that shows now in her inability to brood and raise chicks properly
Maybe. There is no way to know. If she gets good nutrition and enough over the next few days she should start behaving normally.
Nutrition is very important.
What kind of diet do you recommend? We’ve been giving her plain yogurt, and softened feed. Should we give her mashed up fruit and such for vitamins?

What kind of diet do you recommend? We’ve been giving her plain yogurt, and softened feed. Should we give her mashed up fruit and such for vitamins?
I'd recommend giving her ONLY a crumbled chicken feed.
On average a full grown hen shoud eat about 3/4 cup worth of crumbled feed per day.
I think you said she is rather small so I would guess that she needs no less than 1/2 cup of feed per day.
I don't think it would hurt to barely wet it to make it a mash and add one spoon full of tunafish to it each day.

I'd recommend giving her ONLY a crumbled chicken feed.
On average a full grown hen shoud eat about 3/4 cup worth of crumbled feed per day.
I think you said she is rather small so I would guess that she needs no less than 1/2 cup of feed per day.
I don't think it would hurt to barely wet it to make it a mash and add one spoon full of tunafish to it each day.
Will do, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom