what size saddle

Backyard Bruce

Songster
Apr 11, 2018
Sullivan County, N.Y.
Two of my Polish Hens are losing feathers and getting sores from mating with the polish cockerel who's spurs are really starting to emerge.

They are all same age, coming up on 1 year old. Not sure on what size saddles to get. Medium or bantam size.

I've read one review that the bantam size didn't help their chickens because it didn't cover on the sides where the spurs would engage.

Any recommendations on who to get from.

I would say it depends on where you are ordering the saddles. You want to measure from the base of the neck to the oil gland. That’s the area you want to fit.

Hen Savers is the most popular brand. You can find them online. Amazon has them.

You can make them yourself too. There are no sew options.

I have quite a few hen saddles available that I make. They have denim backing. If you get me a couple measurements, I can tell you want size you'll need :)

DSCN0265_1.JPG

IMG_20190206_062726.jpg
IMG_20190216_180620.jpg
IMG_20190216_180533.jpg
IMG_20190216_180240.jpg

I already ordered 1 from the above mentioned amazon store but I only bought one, I will need at least 3 more maybe up to 7 more depending on my cockerels (cough) extra curricular activities.
I will absolutely purchase from you (Auroradream260), when I get this one I can measure much better and go from there.

I already ordered 1 from the above mentioned amazon store but I only bought one, I will need at least 3 more maybe up to 7 more depending on my cockerels (cough) extra curricular activities.
I will absolutely purchase from you (Auroradream260), when I get this one I can measure much better and go from there.

Great, sounds like a plan :) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom