What spider is that?

Pics
I would gently smash that one with a piece of tissue and examine it carefully. The "fiddle" marking on a BR is very tiny and hard to see. So you kind of have to get familiar with the general shape of the spider so you can spot them at a distance. I've killed several and looked them over closely. That one looks very suspicious to me.

I would gently smash that one with a piece of tissue and examine it carefully. The "fiddle" marking on a BR is very tiny and hard to see. So you kind of have to get familiar with the general shape of the spider so you can spot them at a distance. I've killed several and looked them over closely. That one looks very suspicious to me.
Thank you for the warning. It was hard to tell, and I'm an amateur at this sort of thing, so I'm not sure if it was a brown recluse or not....
Whatever it was, it's dead now.

Thank you for the warning. It was hard to tell, and I'm an amateur at this sort of thing, so I'm not sure if it was a brown recluse or not....
Whatever it was, it's dead now.
Better safe than sorry. Google brown recluse and get familiar with that fiddle marking and also the shape of the body and legs. To me, if a spider looks creepy, I'm real careful of it. A BR creeps me out, and other spiders don't. But then I'm kinda weird that way, lol.

Now, the spindly, pale yellow spiders with legs as thin as a fine needle -- those guys are fine, right? One of them was living by my nightlight for a while, but he moved when I cleaned that part of my room a few weeks ago.
Don't know, need a pic.

Back
Top Bottom