I noticed my chicks started pulling up the newspaper on the bottom of the brooder then running around with it while the other girls chased after for a bite. I think they were really eating it! So now what? Will they digest the paper? I think I seen one of them with an old cigarette butt in her mouth running around in the coop-run but I could not catch her before she ate it!!! It could have been a seed pod from the hay in the run, I was very careful to get all the trash cleaned up in the run before putting them in there, but it looked like an old cigarette!!!! Certainly it wasn't .... they wouldn't eat that! They would have had to have scratched it up from some place I didn't see......Is my little chick gonna die from this? Should I feed her something special to help digest the newspaper and who knows what else???