What Temp Do You Keep Eggs at Before Putting Eggs in Incubator?

JimBobHenrietta

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 15, 2014
~~What temperature do I store my hens eggs? And how long can I store my hens eggs? We lost our bantam cochin rooster last week on feb 12, 2014. We are trying to save some off spring from our rooster. My hen would not lay any eggs from the 12th to the 17th, maybe she was too stressed out and depressed form loosing the rooster, they shared the cage together. We really loved our rooster and miss him something awful. So we are hoping she has fertile eggs, we have collected once she started to lay again, so we have one from the 18th, one from the 19th and one from today the 20th. I have put the eggs in a empty egg carton in one of my bedrooms, and have the window cracked open. I am waiting for my incubator to arrive, I ordered it on Monday they said they shipped it out priority mail on Tuesday, but when I tracked the incubator it showed it never left florida, and still sitting there since they first accepted the item. I am worried I wont get it in time. I don't want the eggs to spoil, we are trying everything to keep my boys off spring. Please, any advice would be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom