What the heck are these?

scrapmom5

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
Utah
OK I get they're chickens. I also think they are hens. So I think I am doing well. The problem is when I bought them I was told they were a certain breed...others have said they were not. If y'all will look and tell me what I have (and verify they are hens) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch.

Lizzie - we were told white leghorn but she has feathers on her feet
100_1960.jpg

100_2022.jpg

Mary, Tiki, and Cluckers - Buff Orpingtons???

100_2020.jpg

100_2018.jpg

Cleo and Lala - Ameraucanas???
They are beautiful in color and have green/gray legs

100_2024.jpg

100_2025.jpg

100_2027.jpg

Penny - We were also told Americana but she has feathers on her feet.
100_2023.jpg

100_2007.jpg

the first feathered one looks like a buff cochin and the other feathered one looks like a buff brahma. the others look like they may be leghorns, and the speckled ones are probably the easter egg chickens.

I never noticed the difference in the feathers on the legs until I got both kinds! I had the buff brahma and they have feathers and the dark markings, and I have a black cochin and the feathers are twice the amount of the brahma!! They look so funny!!!!!

I know my supposed buff orpingtons (the triplets) are the friendliest little ones. They are always coming to me and will even land on me if I stop. Especially Mary (the littlest of the three) She will even fly out of her pen and peck at the door just to get me to hold her. Lizzie seems to mother the triplets. Penny is their leader and very nice while the other two (cleo and Lala) don't like to pose for pictures and prefer not to be picked up. They don't mind a gentle petting though.

I know I am addicted when I can determine their personalities.

I see buff cochin, buff orp or buff rock (can't tell what color they're legs are in the pics), EEs and buff brahma in the pics. They also all appear to be pullets. Very pretty!

Jody

I know Lizzie is a Cochin because I have Cochins and they are exactly like her. Nice gentle chicks. You will love them! I am not sure on the others, but they are nice looking!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom