1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What the heck is that?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by storminthenight, Nov 1, 2009.

1. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    So on saturday I got my very first Silkie chickens from the last swap meet of the year, four pullets (hopefully). a white, black, buff and partridge I think.
    They have settled in great, but our two year old game cross rooster seems to be a bit confused, he's never seen a silkie before.
    Today he was looking at the white silkie and would cock his head to the side, then he would peck it, wait and see what it would do, and then give it another peck. I couldnt figure out if he thought it was a rooster or just didnt know what the heck it was, lol.

I'm wondering if he will ever figure out they are hens, but either way I LOVE them, lol, they are so cute and odd looking at the same time.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok that is hilarious!!! Fortunately our only siklie grew up with the white leghorns. They are all white birds, but she still stands out.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is funny! Sounds cute! He should come around. I guess you can expect that from him, after all, just look at humans expressions when they see one! [​IMG] Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by