What the heck is this?

HighNDryFarm

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Paradise, CA
I purchased 8 Polish chicks (a few days old) from a breeder. They came to me via the breeders friend who breeds Ameraucana and Marans but had room in her incubator and hatched them for her friend. I agreed to purchase all 8. When I went to pick them up her friend grabbed a chick with a bit of a crest and threw it in the batch. I told her it looked like a mix but she said her friend kept her breed separated so I agreed to throw it in but I think we both knew it was a crap shoot! I am in contact with the breeder but not since I bought them. She asked me to send pictures when they're bigger so she can tell me who came from who.....I haven't asked her about this one.....

All these Polish have unbelievable crests...except Mr T, who has a Mohawk....5 toes and feathers on it's feet!
ep.gif
and as long as I'm askin' yes or roo?
291062_10150280637109028_767184027_7742596_2044684_o.jpg

Quote:
Hmmm, I've looked for saddle feathers and didn't see any so it could be the angle (they sure do look pointy in the pick) but I guarantee that I'll be looking closely because Mr T can't stay. I'm planning on having some Polish chicks and Mr T can't be around for the fun!

If I didn't plan on breeding, I'd keep Mr T but I can't risk him to not get amorous with girls and the other chicks have fabulous head feathering, don't want to screw that up!

Back
Top Bottom