What the heck just went by my house on the railway?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greeneggsnham, Aug 6, 2010.

1. greeneggsnham

greeneggsnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Southeast Missouri
    Just now I went to collect eggs since I have been gone all day and on my way out of the coop I see these really bright lights on the railway. Now my house is right next to the railroad tracks in the middle of the country so I'm used to seeing all kinds of strange rail cars. I even see the Barnum and Bailey train go through a couple times a year. I have never in my life seen a group of cars like this group.

Even from far away of it was very bright and as it got closer I could see that the whole car was lit up and not just the front lights like normal. Every car had at least 20 lights on it , top and bottom and everything in between. It went really slow along the tracks and there were about 8 or so cars. The first was the engine pulling it then came a tanker that looked like it was covered in snow or bubbles or something that kept flying off of it from the top and I could not tell what the rest of the cars were except to say that none of them were more tankers.

Can someone tell me what kind of train this is? I won't tell you my idea of what I think it is but I would love to hear maybe from someone who has worked on the railway and can tell me for sure. It was definitely diffrent from everything I have seen.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Weird. [​IMG] Lets see what other people have to say.

3. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    There is a rail-car that they use the has computer technology on it to measure the tracks and check for problems, cracks and things that might hurt the integrity of the rail-way, that might explain the lights. As for the bubbles, you got me there.

4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    It was a UFO!

No seriously, IDK

5. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    don, don, da, Not really sure but thought it deserved a don, don da. I really would have liked to seen it. Send that thing to fl. maybe we can figure out what it is.

6. greeneggsnham

greeneggsnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Southeast Missouri
    I wish I knew. When I told my brother about it he asked me what I had been smoking but my dad was with me too and he saw it. He grew up in this house and in all of 50 something years he has never seen anything like it.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Love the avatar. And the answer to THAT question is baling wire [​IMG]

8. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    Sounds like the train from that beer commercial where everything gets a frost on it.

9. chickenofthesea

chickenofthesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    C.C. Florida
    Party Train!

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    IDK, maybe they were checking the tracks. Maybe some kind of maintanance work that needs to be done when less trains are out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by