What to do? Hen too FAT to move--added photos

I have 5 foghorns I bought as chicks, 2 months old and they are all so much larger than the rest of my chickens. None of them get around well, walk a little and then sit, repeat... I was told the were good egg layers and that is why I bought them. Was I told bad info?? They find live long enough to give eggs??? We butchered one today and he was huge! His crop full of feed. I must say I'm a first time owners so I'm not sure what to do with them. Don't want them to have a bad life. Should I butcher them now??
Welcome To BYC

You have found an old thread so the posters may not respond.

Do you have photos of your large birds? We may be able to help you with identification.
If they are Cornish Cross, instead of Leghorns, then they may need to be processed.

Welcome To BYC

You have found an old thread so the posters may not respond.

Do you have photos of your large birds? We may be able to help you with identification.
If they are Cornish Cross, instead of Leghorns, then they may need to be processed.

Attachments

• IMG_ 20220811_164607.jpg
    IMG_ 20220811_164607.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
The white ones. I weed todd feet were leghorns but I'm not sure. We processed one yesterday for the first time, the crop was completely full. Is that normal? I'm just learning.

All the white birds except for the one I circled are Cornish Cross. They are meat birds meant to be butchered.

The white ones. I weed todd feet were leghorns but I'm not sure. We processed one yesterday for the first time, the crop was completely full. Is that normal? I'm just learning.

For CX, likely yes.

Back
Top Bottom