What to do? OH what to do! About my sons pit..

Quote:
My son move to an apartment and he kept him there until the managers found out. My son is not the most responsible person in the world. He says he would be gone by Wednesday and now it's Thursday. I can't bear to send him to a pound myself but I may make my son take him, so I won't feel as much pain. Just to think...makes me cry. If I were to make him a dog house or something? I still think it is not a good environment for a large breed to be chained up. There was also a fight between him and his girlfriend and thats when I got the dog and him, but he went back to the girlfriend, but I still have the dog. I am just to soft!

well if the apt. doesn't allow dogs sounds like you sure did get stuck!!!
but it sounds like your son wants the dog gone----so if I was you, I would make the calls now to find rescue.
call a shelter. find out how to proceed. they will help you and point you in the right direction fast. they have the answer for you.
obviously no one wants the dog or can't keep it, just make the call and start the process to find that rescue home.
don't worry, you will find that good option. make a call to start, and the dog will end up in a good home and all is over.

Quote:
My son move to an apartment and he kept him there until the managers found out. My son is not the most responsible person in the world. He says he would be gone by Wednesday and now it's Thursday. I can't bear to send him to a pound myself but I may make my son take him, so I won't feel as much pain. Just to think...makes me cry. If I were to make him a dog house or something? I still think it is not a good environment for a large breed to be chained up. There was also a fight between him and his girlfriend and thats when I got the dog and him, but he went back to the girlfriend, but I still have the dog. I am just to soft!

well if the apt. doesn't allow dogs sounds like you sure did get stuck!!!
but it sounds like your son wants the dog gone----so if I was you, I would make the calls now to find rescue.
call a shelter. find out how to proceed. they will help you and point you in the right direction fast. they have the answer for you.
obviously no one wants the dog or can't keep it, just make the call and start the process to find that rescue home.
don't worry, you will find that good option. make a call to start, and the dog will end up in a good home and all is over.

Yep, do that and let us know how the dog went!

I agree with you Aggie but some folks are too kind hearted to go that route. Just hope it does not have to happen but if all else fails, it may be the only route rather than having an unhappy dog with unhappy people that just dont want him nor the resources for him. I would exhaust all efforts first before I put the dog down.

www.mabbr.org
IS THE WEBSITE IT IS FORMERLY KNOW AS the Kansas Pit bull rescue.
Hope this helps.
I agree with all of those who believe that a chained dog is not a happy dog.
I know it's not fair but maybe YOU should make the RIGHT and RESPONSIBLE choice for your son and find this dog a stable home
where he isn't shuffled around. What will happen if I have to say it, his girlfreind gets pregnant she is not going to have a baby around a pit.
I don't need a lecture on the breeds good points, but I have little faith in most peoples abilities to properly train a dog of this breed.
they require alot more exercise then most dogs and will get territorial if they are left with no socialization.
JMO.
I will keep researching some other places to help you.
Update found some more.!!!!
Well I hate to say but just about ever site talk about traing and maintaining your pit instaed of rehoming it. But this is what I found
Missouri pit bull rescue.... www.mprgroup.net.
Pitbull rescue central.....www.pbrc.net.

Last edited:
OK, I still have my big headed baby. My son has just completaly abandoned him. Well now it's going to start to rain, and he has no real cover. I hope it don't rain to much. I put a sign on my street and just a couple of bites. Probably nothing thats going to go any where. I feel bad and my son is going to have to take him soon. I know I sound lame but, WTH, I am.
hmm.png
Most of the recues won't take an ownership dog. I know for sure the no kill won't.

WOW I feel for ya being stuck with a dog you just don't want or have time for....and no one willing to help you take him off your hands.

You gotta tell your son to make a decision....himself! As owner, he must decide. If he wants to take him to a shelter, have him come over, get the dog and DO IT!

sometimes ya gotta push a bit and say enough is enough! hope it all goes well for you!!

Quote:
If the dog has no real cover/shelter outside..PLEASE just put him down if you cant find him a home asap...Sorry to say it... its the kinder/right thing to do.
This is IF you cant find him a home asap...
also..i WOULD try craigslist...just be smart and careful who you answer...its common sense things.. good luck! Please dont let him sit outside in the rain with no shelter..Thanks, Wendy

I do still have him. I had a lady today stop by and look at him for a friend of hers. I don't know alot of details about the dog but I told her to call my son. He gets along with small dogs but not male big dogs I think. He has been around my grandson his whole life, so he used to kids. I did rig up an undercover shelter for him, for when it starts to rain. Even my DH helped me out and now will go around the dog as long as I am there.
Here is Superman.
ImportedPhotos00013.jpg

He is adoreable. Please be sure he stays that way and doesn't end up in a shady home. Euthanasia would be better then the pits or a puppy mill. Please be very picky about who and where he goes.

Well, the rain came, but my friend lent me an dog igloo for him. He was good last night in the rain just cried a little. I had a smaller dog kennnel down there for my cat and the big loaf managed to use it. He was warm and dry when I went to see him before work (5am) I did have a lady at work ask for pics of him. I won't just give him to anybody, he's a family dog that just more attention.

Back
Top Bottom