What to do to help my chickens first mullet?

Akihimeko

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2022
IMG_20220705_192628.jpg

IMG_20220705_192501.jpg

Currently the have their scratch and egg laying mix.( I'll post photos once I find the bag) I also had it mixed with oyster shell and a big bag of meal worms. Is there anything else I can give them to help. One of em looks very bald on the back I'm a bit worried as here in Apple valley it is very very hot summers. They do have heavy shade next to their coop I heard watering it down does help too. (I also put a big block of ice into their water to keep it colder every day.) How long does it take for them to grow back?

As @MysteryChicken said, it looks like rooster damage and no matter what you feed as long as you have a rooster over breeding, youre not going to get regrowth.

As a side note, layer feed is supposed to be bad for roosters. Something about the extra calcium killing kidneys if I remember correctly.

As @MysteryChicken said, it looks like rooster damage and no matter what you feed as long as you have a rooster over breeding, youre not going to get regrowth.

As a side note, layer feed is supposed to be bad for roosters. Something about the extra calcium killing kidneys if I remember correctly.
The excess calcium causes long term kidney damage in roosters.

I do have a rooster, will they be ok without em? Because nothing ever comes after my chickens. We even have crows that eat with them.

Back
Top Bottom