What to do What to do!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Big Dreamer, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Ive posted before that i have 3 ducks and i have to get rid of 2, well this lady she has 6 Muscovy fledglings for $10 and im planning on getting them, she has tons of breeds and she sells the eggs and ducklings, shes not commercial either shes just a duck enthusiast. The breed that i wanted to get was Welsh Harlequin, and she has those 2. So I wanted to buy from her the 6 fledglings and the 3 welsh harlequin adults. i dont have the pen up today, but it might be finished by tonight, and i can only get them today. So is it ok if i just keep them on my screened porch, until i get the coop and pen set up? OR give me some advice on what to do, what set up and how to bring them to our house from her house, shes about 45 minutes away, but my dad has a truck with a small cab. is it ok for them to be in the back of the truck in a cage, or should we just keep them in the cab in a cage so they dont go through so much stress? Im so happy im getting some more ducks!! [​IMG] Now i will have a grand total of 10 ducks [​IMG] Also the pen is about 10 feet by 42 feet give or take a few inches, is that big enough for 10 ducks?

THANKS ON ALL THE ADVICE, WOOT! [​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They should be fine in the back of the truck in a cage or even a big cardboard box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by