What to do when chicks arrive from PO?

My brooder set up is this.

I have a fairly big sized tub and I place paper towels down for the first week or so. And I replace the towels as needed. I have a heat lamp plugged in a day before the chicks need it so that is it just right. I have sugar water for the first day- I also dip their beaks into the water so they know where to drink. I also have a small dish of chick food.

It didn't sound like you did anything wrong.

Nine out of 17 doesn't sound like a good survival rate to me, and shipping without notifying you......not good. I would order from someone else next time.

Quote:

I agree that the survival rate is not good, I guess I am just excited that any lived at all this time! I think there was a mistake with this shipment. I don't think I was supposed to receive this one because the same day I received an email that my replacement shipment will be mailed out the 21st of this month. It might be a little dishonest, but I am not going to tell them I received this shipment and see if they really do send another shipment the 21st. Maybe I will have enough survive to cover what I paid for, and if not, I am going to ask for a refund of what I did not receive alive. And to top it off, I think I have mostly roos!
he.gif
I have a friend that can sex Dominique Bantams by just looking at them because of their markings. I sent him a few pictures of the group and from what he can tell he thinks I have two hens and the rest are roos.
barnie.gif
I guess I have no luck at all when it comes to having chicks shipped, boo!

As a side note, I do not want to publicly bash the company I ordered from, but if you do want to know who it is I will tell you via PM.

Back
Top Bottom