what to do with goose eggs?

cgjsmith

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
tennessee
Hi all, I have a pilgram goose with a (well they said a white talouse but I've heard they are really rare, and I don't know how to tell the difference) i don't have the room to incubate them right now so I was wondering what to do with them. i hate the thought of eating them and they are too dirty to empty and decorate I'd be glad to give them away if anyone wants them. Crystal

*howdy! Why is it that you don't want to eat them? My neighbor, Grandma Bigbie had ducks & geese was a avid baker and as far as I know refused to use a ckn egg in her baking if duck or geese eggs were available. . . She said they beat ckn eggs hands down in making baked goods come out wonderful.

Last edited:
We have four white female Embdens who are laying for the first time therefore their eggs are not fertile. My DH has been eating them and says they are way better than chicken eggs. And as a bonus he only needs one. I use our duck eggs in all my baking. I find them to be much richer than chicken eggs.

Just clean them an eat them.

Also, in Pilgrims, the male is white the female is grey. Someone could have mistaken the male pilgrim for a white toulouse. Carefully check the color of his eyes and tell me if they are blue. If so it's a pilgrim. I'm 90% certain a Toulouse would be brown eyed.

they are blue but theres not any grey in him at all, he looks like an emban to me, hes also much larger then she is. C

I would blow them out, wash them, then make pisanki(ukrainian easter eggs). A toulouse would have a large dewlap and be saggy, there is no such thing as white toulouse. More than likely it is a pilgrim gander, go to feathersite and look at the pics, some ganders dont have any grey. The only way to know if it is pure is to hatch the eggs. Maybe let the hen go broody.

Chances are the first few are not fertile, I have noticed this with most of mine. I would love to try to hatch them but I dont have much room in my bator. If you have more in a week I would have no problem trying to hatch some. Otherwise boil them and turn them into JUMBO deviled eggs. Jenn

Cockadoodlemom had goose eggs she didn't know what to do with either. She sent me 5 of them. They are in my bator, 3 are showing beautiful spiderwebs of veins growing. Woot!!! Don't let your eggs go to waste. if you don't want them share the love with your BYC friends. Someone here would incubate them for you just to check fertility.

Back
Top Bottom