What to do with my eggs?

Silkiebegins

Chirping
Mar 22, 2024
So I have a unbroody silkie who does not want to sit on her fertilized eggs and no incubator. We have 2 flocks, one of 2 silkies and the other is made up of 6 hens. Should I just leave the eggs in the favorite nesting box with the 2 flock? If not what should I do with them?

Set some fake eggs in the boxes and collect the real ones and store them indoors. Keep them on the counter and mark them with the date so you know which ones are the freshest. After the eggs are reach over a week and a half old, I'd eat them, or you can scramble them and feed them back to your flock or other pets. If you don't get many eggs a day, you can keep them for a little over two weeks, but by then fertility will have dropped a lot and your hatch rate won't be as good. If she does go broody, you can swap the fake eggs out for the freshest real ones.

You can also attempt selling hatching eggs locally. Lot's of folks look to buy Silkie hatching eggs for them to incubate and hatch out. You could probably even find someone around that you can pay to hatch your eggs for you.

The correct answer is..... Buy or build an incubator.
Or 👆 You can find some inexpensive ones online. Incubating and hatching your own eggs is such an awesome and fulfilling adventure!

Back
Top Bottom