What to do with quail eggs?

I thought quail needed a roo to lay?

Quail don't need a roo to be able to lay, just like chickens don't need a roo to be able to lay, just like human females don't need a man around to get their periods. As soon as they are mature, they naturally start laying eggs. My 4 chickens have never been around a rooster since they started laying, and they lay 2 dozen eggs a week. I had female quail laying eggs for 4 years before introducing a male this spring to be able to have fertile eggs to hatch. Most people don't keep male poultry around at all if they want eggs for eating instead of for hatching. Roos are loud and a lot of trouble, and totally unnecessary unless you want babies.

Quail don't need a roo to be able to lay, just like chickens don't need a roo to be able to lay, just like human females don't need a man around to get their periods. As soon as they are mature, they naturally start laying eggs. My 4 chickens have never been around a rooster since they started laying, and they lay 2 dozen eggs a week. I had female quail laying eggs for 4 years before introducing a male this spring to be able to have fertile eggs to hatch. Most people don't keep male poultry around at all if they want eggs for eating instead of for hatching. Roos are loud and a lot of trouble, and totally unnecessary unless you want babies.
LOL my sister-in-law asked me how chickens lay eggs without a rooster. I asked her, "how do you get a period if you don't have sex? Females produce eggs with or without a male."

IMG_8248.JPG

Made the cutest little deviled eggs! Very yummy too. :)

They actually weren't any harder to make than regular deviled eggs. Actually easier and quicker to make because of the size, except having to be more careful peeling them. My 6 year old who loves deviled eggs thought they were awesome because they were the perfect bite size for him lol.

Back
Top Bottom