1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what to feed ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by vogelzang, Oct 18, 2011.

1. vogelzang

vogelzang Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    TX
    Hi,

I'm getting some ducklings and i just wanted to make sure that i feed them the right stuff. I've done some research, and found this "Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe" at TSC and this is what they say

Purina Mills[​IMG] Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe is specially formulated for raising a mixed flock of poultry until laying age (18-20 weeks). It is also designed to meet the more demanding needs of broiler or meat-type chicks, raising them successfully from hatch to either market or maturity. Purina Mills[​IMG] Flock Raiser[​IMG] is a 20% protein product made from the same high-quality ingredients as Start & Grow[​IMG]. It is higher in energy to support the faster growth rate of meat-type birds. Well-supplemented with vitamins and minerals, this product also works very effectively for growing turkeys (eight weeks and older). It is fortified with high levels of niacin so that it can also be used for waterfowl. Purina Mills[​IMG] Flock Raiser[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe provides an entire mixed flock of chickens, ducks, turkeys and geese with top nutrition, all in one bag.

is this okay to start them with?

thanks. [​IMG]

2. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    sounds like you have it covered!! [​IMG]
    as long as you dont give them medicated starter
    sounds like you did homework GOOD JOB!!

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008