What to feed ducklings

asteele01

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
I have 6 ducklings (three are 2 weeks old and three are 1 week old). My farm supply store doesn't really carry duck food. I bought the non medicated chick starter that said it was also for ducklings and also some Gamebird/showbirds starting and growing. The gamebird/showbird says it's 24% protein. How long is that ok to give to them? I thought I read as they get older you should lower their protein. I am getting low on the non medicated starter and they are out of it at the store. I am wondering when I should switch them and to what or if I should just keep the Gamebird/snowbird food. The only other thing I saw at the store was Agrimaster chick starter/grower, but it doesn't say it is for ducklings. Is that ok to give them? Any advice would be great. I have read a lot about caring for ducklings but this is our first time and our store only seems to carry chicken feed.

Also I have the 3 younger separate from the 3 older because the older ones were really picking on the younger ones. Once they are 6 weeks and all move outside will they all get along or what is the best way to introduce them to each other?

Thanks

Going Quackers

Crowing
10 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
Try this sticky. I am fortunate i can get duck starter, way easier. Most chicken starters unless they are broiler need added niacin as ducks have higher requirements.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

As for agings, well usually i like to fence off young and gradually intro that way...

welcome-byc.gif

Top Bottom