WHat to feed Ringneck pheasants?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey everyone when my ringnecks were chicks I fed them gamebird starter and when they got big enough to eat grown up food I started feeding them laying pellets. Is that ok? Or is there a special type of food I should be feeding the pheasants?

Sounds just fine!!
thumbsup.gif

my dads friend keeps them and always tells me to feed them regular wild bird seed from like walmart or something becouse his wont even touch gamebird feed so i offer mine free choice

My ringnecks were started on a 24% chick starter that our local Tractor Supply Store carries. Then the manager ordered in special for me a gamebird maintenance feed from NutriSource Feeds. It's an amazing product. I also give them whole and cracked corn spread out on the ground of there flight pens so they will maintain the need to forage. I have feeding stations set up in there pens with a flock Block from Purina in them. It gives them something to peck on instead of each other. The blocks have grit and oyster shell already in them. 3 times a week I put a pan of black oil sunflower seeds in the pens. They really seem to love them. Sunflower is higher in protein and fat then corn so they do well on it and eat it up pretty quickly. We are raising our pheasant as naturally as we can so they will be good flyers and will be strong breeders come spring. We now have 250 Bobwhite Quail chicks also, wow, what a learning experience they have been for us, lol. Well good luck and there is alot of information out there about raising gamebirds. Don't be afraid to ask questions. That's what I did. But there is no substitute for hands on learning. Good Luck Patti'sPeeps:lol:
thumbsup.gif

Just wanted to tell that I raise and love very much, Guineas, Cuckoo Morans, Silky Bantams, Mille Fleur Bantams, Old English Game Bantams, Black Japanese Banams, Peacock, Bobwhite Quail and Pheasant, lol. I love my birds:love

I feed a gamebird starter (28% protein) to chicks and then gradually change them over to a maintenance (22% protein) by mixing them together until they are eating straight maintenance.

Thanks! I ferment the feed that I give to my chickens. The geese aren't into it, I think they're being stubborn. Has anyone here ever fermented feed for their pheasants?

Back
Top Bottom