What to Keep in Stock for Treating Chickens

ParadiseChickens

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
I have another post on here about a sick chicken that I am trying to help and she keeps trying too. I am being advised different things to use to treat her with. I am running around trying to find most of these supplies. I am a new chicken owner and since I live in a rural and the nearest feed store and TSC that has some of these items but not all is at least 20 miles, I thought it would be a good idea to create a shelf of basic products that would help in the most common chicken issues. I already have Sulmet, vitamin/electrolite packages and polyvisol baby vitamins w/o iron.

Please add some other items that I should stock. Thank you.

I'm interested in this too, since I'm new at keeping chickens, *or are they keeping me.
lol.png
pop.gif

This could be a thread worth its weight in GOLD

Come up with a first aid kit for chickens (I have one for the dogs and the horses, why not one for the chickens)

I would also love a list of things to put in my kit and the basic what do you use it for information.

Would be great to have a First Aid kit sticky note.

At this point... my list would include
baby aspirin (with dosage chart)
electrolyte solution
saline solution
antibiotic pouch
olive oil
surgical scrub (use this in dogs, awesome stuff you get from the vet)

Last edited:
Yes, I have a tool box full of first aid supplies for my horses but in all actuality I take them to the vet if I begin to get worried about them and I am not going to do that for my chickens. I have taken care of dogs, cats, horses and goats for a long time now so am just going to have to learn how to for the chickens.

I am not sure I know exactly what an antibiotic "pouch" is. Please explain.

Back
Top Bottom