What to name my new babies?

We once had Wynkin, Blynkin, Nod and Shoe.

We have 27 new chicks and I'm trying to think of names for them, too! I'm waiting until I can tell them apart a bit better.

LOL.

DH & the kids seem to think it's funny to name the chicks as food (even though they were layer pullets and not meaties): Omelet, Pancake, Yolks, FryDay..

We even have a "Pumpkin", our ISA brown... and a "Pickles" which is our Leghorn.

This year, Pumpkin & Pickles are going to be retired in the fall, so I bought new isa brown & leghorn chicks. The new "pumpkin" we think is going to be named "summer squash". We'll probably call her Summer though. Though DH said she should be named "Wheat Thin". The new "pickles" was named "Cucumber" or Cukes.

My family is crazy. I love them that way. :)

My kids have named a few Hermione (RIR), Captain (Australorp) and Athena (EE). Most of the rest that we keep will have Downton Abbey names. Violet (BO), Lavinia (RIR)....then there is Cora, Sybil, Edith, Isabel, Anna, Mrs. Hughes, Obrien...
We have 25 but aren't keeping them all. I will assign names to the remaining ones we are keeping when we know which ones they are.

Back
Top Bottom