What type are we??? Pic

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kezabel, Dec 6, 2009.

1. kezabel

kezabel Chillin' With My Peeps

I have no clue to what type of silkie these chicks are, Can anyone help please?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    they look like maybe a cross of buffs and blacks, these are some pullets that I hatched from a Buff X barred cross, it shoule be the same if blacks are used exect they wouldn't be sexlinked.

[​IMG]

3. kezabel

oh they are so cute too. Someone else said they could be partridge silkies but I don't know. All I know is they are gorgeous and I can't stop lookin at them. they are drinking and eating but I had to blend the chicken starter into even smaller bits so they can eat it, thier little beaks are so small.

4. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    I don't think they're partridge. Partridge chicks have the chipmunk coloring

5. kezabel

yeah thats what I was thinking I 've seen some partridge chicks on here before and They don't look like them.

6. kezabel

Quote:Your chicks are so cute too, I think your right they kinda do look similar to your chicks even though they are a different breed.

7. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I know we all get anxious to know what kind our chicks are, but time will tell. Give the about 2-months and you should be able to find out your answer. They are cute little buggers, but aren't they all?

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Brahma maybe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by