What Type of Bantam is this?

What makes you think he's not purebred?
Have you ever seen a Japanese bantam? This bird is far away from purebred standards. The tail looks good but feet, neck, comb and body type are not. He can be a cross or either a very low quality bird, probably the first

Have you ever seen a Japanese bantam? This bird is far away from purebred standards. The tail looks good but feet, neck, comb and body type are not. He can be a cross or either a very low quality bird, probably the first
Have you ever seen a hatchery quality bantam Cochin?

They aren't crossed. Just really poor quality.

Have you ever seen a hatchery quality bantam Cochin?

They aren't crossed. Just really poor quality.
Maybe you don't understand, we talk about a specific bird. I breed bantams, including Japanese, for years. Never seen a low quality bird so far from the standards. A EE can looks like an araucana but actually is not.

Maybe you don't understand, we talk about a specific bird. I breed bantams, including Japanese, for years. Never seen a low quality bird so far from the standards. A EE can looks like an araucana but actually is not.
I think you're misunderstanding me.

This bird came from a hatchery. So far (hopefully never) they aren't mixing any bantams. Therefore this bird would not be mixed. Just very poor quality. (Hatchery quality).

I've never seen an EE that looks like an Araucana.

This bird came from a hatchery. So far (hopefully never) they aren't mixing any bantams
The guy said that he got him from his local feed store, I have at least 3 bantams crosses from mine. A hatchery is a different think.
I've never seen an EE that looks like an Araucana.
That's sure not my problem.
Anyway I have my opinion you have yours. I don't want to continue more this subject. Have a nice day

Not my problem either as I don't buy from hatcheries or the feed stores they supply.

I just fail to see where that bird looks so off that it's mixed. What would it be mixed with?

Ha, same to you.

ETA: Just realized that you live in a completely different country. Hatcheries supply feed stores here. So no mixed breed bantams in the bantam bins.

Last edited:
Lots of bantams from hatcheries are not pure bred. For example, most of the dutch bantams that hatcheries in the U.S. sell have been crossed with old english games. You should never expect to get show quality bantams from a hatchery.

Not my problem either as I don't buy from hatcheries or the feed stores they supply.

I just fail to see where that bird looks so off that it's mixed. What would it be mixed with?

Ha, same to you.

ETA: Just realized that you live in a completely different country. Hatcheries supply feed stores here. So no mixed breed bantams in the bantam bins.
Did the guy said that he is also from Virginia and I didn't see it? Sure no.
Anyway I don't understand why you use so aggressiveness to support your opinion. I said mine and you can't change it. No other answer to you on my part. Please respect the subject and don't answer nothing else to me, you will not receive any other answer. Goodbye

Back
Top Bottom