What Type of Call Duck is This?

Hey again! Decided to just reply here instead of making a new thread lol.
So Newt (who kinda sadly is actually a girl, not a boy, hoped she'd be a boy lol)
Since Newt is bigger and grew more feathers, I decided to post some more pictures in hopes maybe I can have an image of what she'll look like when shes bigger because I'm quite excited!
BABYBABY.jpg
BABY.jpg

The brown feathers on her neck barely fade to the blue-grey color on her back, so I dunno if shes gonna keep her fully brown chest or if it's gonna look like her back.
At first I thought she'd be a blue fawn or some type of call that resembled a mallard but now she just looks like a big mix of blue/grey and brown lol.

She looks blue but also looks dusky. To me she looks like a mixed color. One that doesn't really have a name. She doesn't quite fit any certain color.

Sorry she isn't a boy!

She looks blue but also looks dusky. To me she looks like a mixed color. One that doesn't really have a name. She doesn't quite fit any certain color.

Sorry she isn't a boy!
Ooh I wonder what she'll look like when shes bigger then!
And I have three other eggs incubating so fingers crossed they aren't all boys so they don't fight for Newt during mating season lol, knowing my luck they probably will be--

Here are some more cute pictures of Newt! She kept moving though so they are kinda blurry lol (I'll get some better ones once her wing is fixed). Hopefully when shes bigger, I can try to find out what shes mixed with!
(Took these before we wrapped her wing so you can still see her feathers!)

1662174007476.png
1662174021737.png
1662174045577.png
1662174031159.png

That day, her blue-grey feathers looked purple-ish but I think it was the light. Also noticed where Mallards have those shiny blue/purple part on their wings, she has them too but they are more like a darker blue/grey, kinda looked purple that day too but again, I think it was the light. She now has a blue tint on her tail feathers which she didn't have before.
Also, when shes bigger, I think shes gonna have some white on her. On her throat, she has a little white stripe and as seen on the back of her neck, she has two white dots on each side and a white stripe on one side of her face!
Can't wait to see what she'll look like when shes bigger, never thought I'd have a blue and brown duck lol.

Back
Top Bottom