What type of hen is this egg from

ILIKEDUCKS

Songster
Mar 7, 2020
Australia
I had got few new pullets last week and one of the layed this egg all the pullets are austrlop and one leghorn and a Isa brown can someone tell me what it is
D059DB25-7632-4FC5-B4A7-49A96DC97CB2.jpeg

How many hens do you have, and how many eggs do you normally get? Can you take another pic of it with a quarter next to it to help us see how big (or small) it is?

When pullets first start laying it's not unusual for them to lay these little eggs at first as the egg-laying "machinery" starts getting fired up. Takes practice! The eggs will get larger over time. These beginner eggs are sometimes called fairy eggs, rooster eggs, wind eggs or fart eggs. Also, sometimes the hen does not really know what is happening but with practice she will learn to lay in the nest. It helps to put golf balls or fake eggs in the nest. When she sees those in the nest it helps her know to put her eggs there too.

I have two main hens my og’s a two rir’s hens- both of these breeds Aly in the nest box the new pullets 5 in total two leghorn two austrlop and a new Isa
52F20CE4-3051-40DC-BE65-1E53C8E63571.jpeg

My Aussies have not started laying yet so I don't know if their eggs will be speckled or not, and I know nothing of ISAs. It is after midnight here (USA) so maybe we can get some answers in the morning! 🙂

Back
Top Bottom