What type of quail is this?

Rossi1969

Songster
Mar 22, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, CDA
i was wondering if anyone knows what type of quail this is. The dark speckled one. He is much darker than the golden Italians. ( I think that's what the other two lighter one are)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 25
Looks like another color variety of coturnix. There are some breeders who are working on making new colors. Are these from your own eggs or purchased?

Hi, I purchased the eggs and I incubated myself. Most colours were predictable...white tuxedo, silver. But these speckled ones I'm not sure. I think the light speckled ones could be golden Italian. Maybe the darker one is another variation of Italian? I asked the seller but didn't hear back so I thought I would try this forum.

Hi, I purchased the eggs and I incubated myself. Most colours were predictable...white tuxedo, silver. But these speckled ones I'm not sure. I think the light speckled ones could be golden Italian. Maybe the darker one is another variation of Italian? I asked the seller but didn't hear back so I thought I would try this forum.
Who did you buy the eggs from? I agree the other ones look like Italians, I have some just like that.

Looking at the Breezy Bird Farm website they list several color variations in the regular pen, including "mutated varieties", which I bet just means color mixes between the normal color varieties. Does it look kind of like the same pattern as the Italian, but just black and white? If yes, then it might be a "snowflake coturnix". If it has some brown to it, then it is probably either a mix or a newer color variety that isn't as well known yet. In any case, its a pretty bird.

Back
Top Bottom